ADS 2

Rabu, 28 April 2010

Sandra Files for Divorce, Has Adopted Baby

(from msnbc.com)


Sandra Bullock revealed to PEOPLE magazine that she and her estranged husband, Jesse James, adopted a baby boy in January and that, in the wake of allegations of James’ infidelity, the Oscar-winning actress has filed for divorce and plans to raise the 3 1/2-month old child as a single mother.

Larry Hackett, managing editor of PEOPLE, told Meredith Vieira Wednesday morning on TODAY that Bullock reached out to the magazine to tell the story of the baby's adoption and to discuss her marriage.

The baby, whose name is Louis (pronounced Lew-ee) Bardo Bullock, was born in New Orleans. Bullock told PEOPLE she chose that name because she heard Louis Armstrong's song “What A Wonderful World” playing in her head when she first saw him.

Bullock said she was blind-sided by the news of James’ infidelity and, while feeling “sad and scared,” is filing for divorce and is finalizing Louis’ adoption as a “single parent.”

Bullock told PEOPLE she didn't want the baby pulled into “the awards season energy” and after she brought him home she kept virtually all visitors out of her home, including stylists and make-up artists working with her for the awards.

“I did not want him brought into a world that would not have been too sincere to him as I wanted,” Bullock told PEOPLE. “I wanted to be alone with him as long as I could then we had to tell his story.”


“I really don’t know how our paths will intersect in the future, but that father I have known Jesse to be … is one that I hope Louis can experience one day, no matter how Jesse and I go on with our lives.”

Bullock had been involved in parenting James’ three kids from previous marriages, and told People that she couldn’t imagine her life without them, and the plan is for them to co-parent.

People received a statement from James, in which he seems remorseful and hopeful about reconciliation. “I know in my heart that I can be the best father possible to my four children and the mate Sandy deserves, and realize that this is an incredible mountain to climb. But I believe the steps I have taken in the last 30 days are the foundation to making this happen.”