ADS 2

Senin, 09 Januari 2012

Q and A: Week of Jan. 9

Q: I know how much you love Fox’s “New Girl,” so do you have any scoop on what will happen in the new year? Jennifer S., in California

A: I recently spoke with Kali Hawk who’s co-starred in such movies as “Couples Retreat,” “Get Him to the Greek” and “Bridesmaids” and she will be appearing in a multi-episode arc in January and February. Kali told me: “It was one of those things where everything lined up. I’m good friends with one of the series regulars, Jake Johnson, who plays Nick on that show. For my episodes, I play a love interest for Winston, played by Lamorne Morris. I’m someone from his past who resurfaces. It’s very interesting to see how that goes because as we all know, sometimes when you reach back, it’s not exactly the same as it once was.”


You can read the rest of the interview here later this week to learn about her experiences on all of her different movies, including the upcoming Tyler Perry movie “We the Peeples.”

Q: I read in your column that Ricky Gervais is hosting the Golden Globes this year, which I am excited for. Is he currently in a TV series or movie that I can catch him in? Delilah F., via e-mail

A: Ricky’s hit BBC Two show, “Life’s Too Short,” will debut Sunday, Feb. 19, on HBO. It also stars Stephen Merchant and Warwick Davis, and centers on Warwick, who plays a fictionalized version of himself, and his day-to-day life. The series boasts A-list guest stars such as Johnny Depp, Liam Neeson, Steve Carell, Sting and many more.

Q: Will Luke Perry be making a sequel to last year’s “Goodnight for Justice” for the Hallmark Channel? I really enjoyed it. Jonathan P., via e-mail

A: It just so happens that Luke will indeed star in another “Goodnight” movie, this one called “Goodnight for Justice: The Measure of a Man,” which premieres Saturday, Jan. 28, at 8/7c. Luke returns as traveling circuit-court judge John Goodnight.


I asked Luke how he felt when he learned the original movie became the highest-rated film in the history of the Hallmark Movie Channel. He told me: “I was just hoping to get the chance to do another one. I don’t go into it with any expectation other than I try to make the best movie every time. I feel the pressure to do all I can to promote the film, but I’ve been doing this long enough to know that audiences are fickle and different things happen, so you make the film and control what you can, which is your part of the process.” Check back next week to read our entire interview.

Q: I love Laura Dern’s new show, “Enlightened,” on HBO. Will it return for another season? Sally T., Jacksonville, Fla.

A: HBO just announced that “Enlightened” will be back for a second season. However, it has decided to cancel “Hung” and “Bored to Death,” both of which completed their third seasons.