ADS 2

Senin, 19 November 2012

Interview: Rachel Boston — Coming into Her Power

Last week, I interviewed Rachel Boston for my other King Features column, Daytime Dial (see interview here). We discussed her trip back to high school — via Lifetime’s original movie “Holiday High School Reunion.” In “Holiday,” Rachel starred with such industry vets as Marilu Henner and Harry Hamlin.

But Rachel is no stranger to working with Hollywood heavy-hitters. Right now she is shooting a pilot for Lifetime called “Witches of East End,” with Julia Ormond (“Legends of the Fall,” “Sabrina” and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”) and Jenna Dewan-Tatum (“Step Up” “American Horror Story” and wife of People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Channing Tatum). When I interviewed Rachel recently, she told me all about her exciting new project, which will hopefully have a long life on Lifetime. Rachel can’t wait for viewers to see her latest project, which is due to premiere next year.

Celebrity Extra: You are working with Lifetime again, shooting a pilot called “Witches of East End.” This intrigues me, as I’ve always been a huge fan of supernatural storytelling. What can you tell me about it?

Rachel Boston: I am working with such an amazing group of women! Julia Ormond plays my mom, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum plays my sister. As the story goes, when we were born, our mom cast a spell so we wouldn’t actually know we are witches, but we can sense that we are different. Through a chain of events, we discover who we are and how we can help protect each other and our town. Maggie Friedman wrote the script and is such an amazing voice for women. It’s also a story about intuition, trust and love, and I pray we get to tell this story for years to come.

CE: Tell me a bit about your character, Ingrid.

RB: I play Ingrid Beauchamp, and I live with my mom and sister in the small town of Fair Haven. Ingrid is a delightful soul but very insecure about certain areas of her life. She works at the library and has been hiding in her books, but she is about to have to step into her power and become the woman she is destined to be.

CE: You’re shooting in Wilmington, N.C. (whose big Hollywood claim to fame is as the location for filming “Dawson’s Creek”), which is gorgeous, especially this time of year. How has the shoot been so far?

RB: I love Wilmington! The people are so kind, and the beaches are gorgeous. We have a wonderful crew.

CE: If the show gets picked up, do you know when it will begin airing?

RB: Summer 2013!